-HDD21-
 Posted: Oct 22 2013, 10:13 AM
Quote Post

nOob

Group: Member
Ca$h: 42

Donate
Member No.: 137

Hi guys, I do not frequent forums often, but have decided to be a bit more active in the community now I have sorted a few things out. I have been hosting a backup masterserver for Unreal and decided to have one put out for Deus Ex as well.

To uplink: please ensure version nepthys version 1.4 is on your SERVER: http://zzora.altervista.org/Nephthys.html as it seems to be the most common variant in use, and i am having problems with the masterserver rejecting heartbeats from games with differing versions of/no nepthys. I have contacted zora to attempt to fix the problem. To HOSTERS add the following to your Deus Ex.ini: ServerActors=Nephthys.NptServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master2.oldunreal.com MasterServerPort=27500 (it is hosted on a non default port as I am hosting an unreal masterserver, I may be setting up a Deus Ex website and community forum if there is the demand for it. Now to use this masterserver, the query port is 25900 so in DX-SL it is master2.oldunreal.com:25900, if you wish to use it in game, the FOLLOWING IS CRUCIAL:

If gamespy is down change the section to this, (masterserverTCPPort is not there normally be default, you have to add it)

[DeusEx.MenuScreenJoinGame]
;MasterServerAddress=master0.gamespy.com
MasterServerAddress=master2.oldunreal.com
MasterServerTCPPort=25900
;MasterServerTCPPort=28900

or when gamespy is normal:

[DeusEx.MenuScreenJoinGame]
MasterServerAddress=master0.gamespy.com
;MasterServerAddress=master2.oldunreal.com
;MasterServerTCPPort=25900
MasterServerTCPPort=28900

This comments out my masterserver for normal server browser use for when gamespy is up.

The topic is also on FGS
http://gravity-world.com/viewtopic.php?f=1...&p=62573#p62573

I ask if THC could also uplink to it, now Glu owns gamespy it really is a matter of time, they have shut off the services for many old MP games. A lot of community work would be needed for a new MS to be used by new players, i will do my bit by providing this. Hope it is of some use, please spread it to all hosters to get them to uplink. If THC clan leaders need to email me about the masterserver do!

Jacob smile.gif
PM
^
one1
 Posted: Oct 22 2013, 02:56 PM
Quote Post

Plasma Rifle

Ca$h: 323

Donate
Member No.: 83

I made client-side mod, which enables to use multiple masterservers at the same time. It is supported for people with stock DeusEx and with MTLed DeusEx. Those who are using MMUserInterface, you should contact Alex to modify it (release new version), because I have no access to it's source and cannot extend classes inside.

http://freeweb.t-2.net/dev1/files/mms_1.0.0.zip

Currently, there are 3 masterservers being queried:

CODE

MasterServerAddress(0)="master0.gamespy.com"
MasterServerAddress(1)="master.dxmp.in"
MasterServerAddress(2)="master2.oldunreal.com"
MasterServerTCPPort(0)=28900
MasterServerTCPPort(1)=28900
MasterServerTCPPort(2)=25900

If you have plans to create own masterserver, hit me up with hostname and port and I will add it in the list. Up to 8 masterservers are supported and the more we add in, the better.

Once this mod is confirmed to be rock solid stable and full with various masterserver addresses, I will create .exe auto installer (so installation will be very simple with 1 click only) - then all we have to do is persuade epic, valve etc.. to list this mod as official "patch" for the game.
PM
^
~Blade~
 Posted: Oct 22 2013, 03:55 PM
Quote Post

Sniper Rifle

Group: THC Made Man
Ca$h: 1,306,037,787

Donate
Member No.: 2

Oh, damn. I applaud your efforts to keep this game active when eventually the masterserver is offline, it warms me.
But I can not help but feel it would be in vain, through no fault of your own. I just dont see how it could continue. Even as it is, there arent enough players, so even after/if we change things there will be even fewer (if any).

--------------------
QUOTE (~aNax~ @ Nov 7 2011, 10:18 AM)

I also live in England, south of Wales in fact, at a University.

QUOTE (Sync @ Jun 27 2013, 10:59 AM)
time dont stop, a few days everyone has white hair

PMEmail PosterMSN
^
-HDD21-
 Posted: Oct 25 2013, 11:11 AM
Quote Post

nOob

Ca$h: 42

Donate
Member No.: 137

I do realize it will be very difficult, those that really wanted to play could, any newbies who searched for the patch; editing the DX wiki page etc and ask sites who host the official MP patch to mention it will help also, it is a difficult task but it gives it a fighting chance and allows those who still love to play the ability to play also. smile.gif
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll