Mario009c -- http://i40.tinypic.com/30us4xs.gif memories
Sidewinder! -- *lurking*
~Blade~ -- jk... THEY'RE ALL DEAD!!!!
~Blade~ -- HE'S STILL ALIVE!!!!
Valéx -- Someone still alive?
~Blade~ -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKbChvqADd0
Mario009c -- sees a sign that says:"Abandon hope all yee who enter here"

[ Smilies | BBCodes ]

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Human Revolution
[FGS]Shadowrunner
 Posted: Feb 14 2011, 03:54 AM
Quote Post

Plasma Rifle

Group: Member
Ca$h: 363

Donate
Member No.: 35

I was like meh, until I watched the EG gameplay videos. Then, despite the riot on their forums, I realized Eidos Montreal have made a game of Deus Ex.

It remains to be seen whether EM are console noobs who have turned the gameplay into something that will irritate hardcore DX fans, but in general people should be excited about this game, from what I've read and seen, it is going to relaunch DX in a big way.
PM
^
Smokey
 Posted: Feb 14 2011, 06:30 AM
Quote Post

Administrator

Group: Root Admin
Ca$h: 38

Donate
Member No.: 1

Despite not having MP, I'm still going to get the game because the anticipation of the awesome story line biggrin.gif . DX is by far my favorite story line of any game.

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMSN
^
Mario009c
 Posted: Feb 14 2011, 02:19 PM
Quote Post

Bum of the future

Group: THC Wise Guy
Ca$h: 6,763,862,564

Donate
Member No.: 33

I'm missing the good old ionstorm. Why were they disbanded in the first place? They made a crappy dx sequel but they made Thief 2 and Deus ex. Guess you only get to screw up once sad.gif

--------------------
Prepare to continue the epic struggle between Good and Neutral!
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
^
[FGS]Shadowrunner
 Posted: Feb 16 2011, 04:27 AM
Quote Post

Plasma Rifle

Donate

It's a good question. They are all still around, Spector, Smith, Martinez etc...

Warren was hands-off, he was studio manager, he supported decisions of Harvey Smith that he didn't always agree with. Seems some issues existed at the technical and design level. DX1 apparently nearly suffered the same fate, there were mini-factions within Ion Storm, each faction trying to make RPG, combat, stealth games etc.

And yep, storyline is what has most of us hooked I think.
PM
^
Scarface
 Posted: Feb 16 2011, 04:37 PM
Quote Post

Scarfy

Group: THC Made Man
Ca$h: 3,807

Donate
Member No.: 6

I don't even know the storyline. Can't be arsed to wait so long for games anymore.
PMMSN
^
Simons
 Posted: Feb 17 2011, 03:25 PM
Quote Post

Sniper Rifle

Ca$h: 3,803

Donate
Member No.: 8

QUOTE (Smokey @ Feb 14 2011, 03:30 PM)
Despite not having MP, I'm still going to get the game because the anticipation of the awesome story line biggrin.gif . DX is by far my favorite story line of any game.

Exactly what I think
PM
^
[FGS]Shadowrunner
 Posted: Feb 20 2011, 02:06 PM
Quote Post

Plasma Rifle

Donate

QUOTE (Scarface @ Feb 16 2011, 04:37 PM)
I don't even know the storyline. Can't be arsed to wait so long for games anymore.

Story seems to be have designed to emulate DX1. To choose sides and to choose how to complete the tasks. All the marketing is fairly combat-based, which is actually good news, it means the game is very stealth and hacker orientated.

Spoiler -don't look.

Megan his girlfriend works for Sarif, she makes a discovery that could lead to augs for all, not just those who don't reject the implants. A Black-ops team is sent to f*ck her up and prevent her from addressing the Senate about her discovery. Sarif's competitors are Tai Yong, Belltower, Solotec and IsaRay. Seems to be Belltower are the naughty ones so far. Adam is shot in the head, but somehow has his arms removed and he is augmented. He then is sent around the world by Sarif to find the people who did this.

Society is split into Auggers and Natches, or naturals, like Humanity Front who are against augmentation.

The rest will play like DX1, I'm fairly certain. We are going to see Manderley and probably some references to other people, but no mention of Jordan Shea or Sam Carter so far, but basically DXHR covers the formation of Unatco and events leading up to the bombing of the Statue of Liberty. Bear in mind also these events took place before the "fall" that made 2052 so ramshackle, so I suspect the ending of the game will involve fairly big events.
PM
^
Jambi
 Posted: Feb 21 2011, 03:49 PM
Quote Post

jambijambijambijambi

Ca$h: 673

Donate
Member No.: 24

It's not going to be as good as the first game.

Therefore it will always be a disapointment.

QED

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Sync
 Posted: Mar 27 2011, 03:14 AM
Quote Post

Assault Rifle

Ca$h: 479

Donate
Member No.: 4

--------------------
PMMSN
^
[FGS]Shadowrunner
 Posted: Mar 28 2011, 06:02 PM
Quote Post

Plasma Rifle

Donate

An appeal to all Deus Ex Fans...

There is a wave of people registering on DeusEx.com to voice their displeasure at the fact that Eidos Montreal have taken a decision to change the way highlighting works in Deus Ex games.

In DX1 and DX2 interactive objects, such as the floor in Jacobsen's office, or the bricks in the Catacombs, or the plant pots, or a gun, or a box, or a fire extinguisher, or a turret... anything interactive ONLY HIGHLIGHTS AT FROB DISTANCE.

(Needless to say... it allows the player to investigate, explore, feel cool when they discover "treasure" etc.)

In DXHR when you open a door to a room or area, instantly 10 or more objects could be suddenly glowing orange around their outline. So it seems that players are being told what to explore and have no free-roaming, no freedom of multiple choice, no Deus Ex and many people feel upset that "modernization" has gone way too far with this element of the game.

Originally ladders glowed too, check the recent trailers, but our good friend Kyle at EM told us this was "a bug"...

(lol ladderbug)

Don't rant, someone with $40m budget isnt going to worry about 15,000 DX1 hardcore fans. Look at this way, the game must be incredibly good and better than DX1 for EM to do shit like this, or else that's the dumbest thing I ever saw in Deus Ex.

PM
^
~DJ~
 Posted: Mar 28 2011, 07:32 PM
Quote Post

Sawed-Off Shotgun

Ca$h: 592

Donate
Member No.: 14

where'd you heard $40m budget?

This post has been edited by ~DJ~: Mar 28 2011, 07:34 PM
PM
^
Sync
 Posted: Mar 29 2011, 09:35 AM
Quote Post

Assault Rifle

Ca$h: 479

Donate
Member No.: 4

also noticed this .. HR has a lot of light, I think that one style of play was better with less light

--------------------
PMMSN
^
rodewijk
 Posted: Apr 9 2011, 06:36 PM
Quote Post

Sawed-Off Shotgun

Ca$h: 6

Donate
Member No.: 71

i never even played sp of dx. laugh.gif

--------------------
PM
^
Spaz
 Posted: Apr 16 2011, 05:41 AM
Quote Post

GEP Gun

Ca$h: 694

Donate
Member No.: 26

To be fair amigo's. DXHR is actually based on me.

--------------------
QUOTE (Lonely @ Sep 3 2010, 01:34 PM)
All i think Arc is a Big Stupid(not offese) He No know English &ad  He not know what is play in DX...  user posted image
PM
^
[FGS]Shadowrunner
 Posted: May 30 2011, 05:17 AM
Quote Post

Plasma Rifle

Donate

Since one level is Philadelphia, I asked them to make sure Fuky's in it.

£40m was mentioned by JJB and also by SE I think. I think the budget is actually greater, but this may be the entire EM budget, which includes 3 other games.
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll